Sunday, January 31, 2010

Salsa Sloppy Joes


Another great one. I think I got this from Taste of Home or Simple and Delicious cooking magazines, highly recommend.  I made this for our nephew and his ex-gf when they had their last baby. She wasn't nursing, so the spiciness was fine.  Not too spicy.   It was a great hit! Quick and easy.

Salsa Sloppy Joes

1 lb ground beef (I only use ground turkey now)
1 jar (11 oz) salsa (I used Pace Picante Mild)
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 small can tomato soup, undiluted
8 hamburger buns, split

In a large skillet, cook meat over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in rest of ingredients except buns. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until heated through. Spoon 1/2 cup mixture onto each bun. Serves 8.
__________________

No comments:

Post a Comment