Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Buckwheat Pancake Mix recipes

So, I have a package of buckwheat pancake mix and don't know what to do with it.  I know my kids won't eat them as pancakes, so I did a quick search and found 2 recipes that I think they might like.  Enjoy!!



Pancake Flour Muffins

2 cups Newhope Mills Buttermilk or Old-Fashioned Buckwheat Pancake Mix
1 cup Milk
1 tbsp. melted butter or oil
1 egg

Drop egg into flour; stir in milk and butter. Bake at 450 for 12-15 minutes.



CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
(using Buttermilk or Old-Fashioned Buckwheat Pancake mix)

1/3 cup Shortening or Margarine
2/3 cup Brown Sugar
1 Egg
1 tsp. Vanilla
1 1/4 to 1 1/2 cups Pancake Mix
1/2 cup Chocolate Chips

Mix together.  Drop rounded tsps on baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 12 to 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment